At Port 443 we work together, laugh together, and eat a lot of donuts together. (Have you seen our Instagram? It’s basically a food blog.) Our products (My Music Staff, TutorBird & AthletaDesk) are always evolving, making for an exciting and dynamic environment. Every day, we’re connecting with thousands of users all around the world. If you ask what they love about us, they’ll tell you that we really listen to their needs and go above and beyond to help them. Our members are at the heart of everything we do. Their feedback and ideas help to shape our products, and at the end of the day, we’re here because of them…
…and because of the donuts.
You’re a curious and empathetic person who can put yourself into the shoes of our users and think of creative solutions that meet their needs. You know design and can lead the design team to make bigger and better improvements. You love to collaborate with members of other departments to get things done – get ready to become fast friends with the tech team! You’re flexible and always ready to hit the ground running, figuratively and potentially literally – we’ve got a treadmill desk at the office! You’re a strong communicator who can translate from member-speak to developer-speak and back again. You love to dive deep into data and user insights and could run user testing all day (but don’t worry, you won’t be!). You’ve got a good sense of humour – feel free to tell us your most groan-worthy G-rated joke in your job application for bonus points!
- Diploma or degree in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Software Development or related field
- 3+ years experience working as a product designer, UX/UI designer, or interaction designer (preferably at a SaaS company)
- A customer-centric mindset
- Familiarity with how designs are affected and constrained by the limitations of programming
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Figma and Hotjar
- Comfortable/proficient in creating and maintaining design systems on Figma using libraries and components
- Experience working with an existing product and being the design authority
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ideas! We want someone who’s excited to share their thoughts and suggestions with the team
- Basic marketing/branding knowledge is a plus
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the design of product features and user experiences
- Leading the direction of our UX vision for all of our core products
- Ensure that design solutions are both technically viable and in line with the company’s objectives
- Mentor the design team to help them improve their craft and provide feedback to help them develop professional design and problem-solving skills
- Effectively communicate and present concepts to the leadership team
- Drive human-centred research using a variety of generative and evaluative research methodologies
- Present a strong point of view, backed up by your expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
- Continuously improve small and large details of the design as well as the design team process
- Contributing as part of the wider team to achieve objectives, even if it is beyond the original scope of the role
Meet the Team!
Jodie is one of our Product Designers, who brings her calm, easygoing vibe to the office. You can usually find her working away on a new feature design, mapping out a customer’s journey on the whiteboard, or collaborating with the team to get some more user insights. As a self-described foodie, Bagel Jo spends time outside of work checking out new restaurants and trendy treats 🍧
Mack is a Product Designer with an eye for UI (and yes, that was an intentional rhyme)! She loves to dive deep into user insights and create design solutions that enhance our members’ experience across the board. Outside of work, you can usually find Mack working out… orrrrrr doing an extensive search for the best cannoli around 🙈 She also loves to travel and can’t wait to visit Europe some day!
Wedad is our other Product Designer! Her impeccable eye for detail brings a fresh perspective on our designs, and her sweet natured personality brings some calm to the office. She loves to cook so much that when we asked her if there was one food she could eat every day for the rest of her life, she couldn’t narrow it down! While she’s still got a few travel destinations to check off her list, she had an amazing trip to Tanzania that you’ve gotta ask her about 🐘
- Free snacks and coffee – are you Team Hazelnut or Team Regular?
- Company social events throughout the year – significant others welcome!
- Cool company swag when we reach milestones – check our IG to see some of our past swag
- Comprehensive health benefits plan – now you can stop putting off that dentist appointment!
When you come to work at Port 443, you’re joining a team that balances innovation, excellence, and fun. If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we want to hear why! To let us know why this job posting speaks to you and what you can bring to the table, send your cover letter, resume, and favourite donut flavour to firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. A real human person reviews all submissions, so let your personality shine through!