Software Developer in Test
At Port 443 we work together, laugh together, and eat a lot of donuts together. (Have you seen our Instagram? It’s basically a food blog.)
Our products (My Music Staff, TutorBird & AthletaDesk) are always evolving, making for an exciting and dynamic environment. Every day, we’re connecting with thousands of users all around the world. If you ask what they love about us, they’ll tell you that we really listen to their needs and go above and beyond to help them. Our members are at the heart of everything we do. Their feedback and ideas help to shape our products, and at the end of the day, we’re here because of them…
…and because of the donuts.
You’re a motivated self-starter with a passion for quality and software testing. You’re quick to learn new things, and you’ll be ready to hit the ground running, figuratively and literally – we have a treadmill desk at the office! You love to solve problems (and you’re good at it 😉). You’re a strong communicator who can mentor others. You’ve got a good sense of humour – feel free to tell us your most groan-worthy G-rated joke in your job application for bonus points 😂 (And you don’t mind that we still use the 😂 emoji even though apparently that’s not cool anymore!)
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies and best practices
- Demonstratable experience with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium, TestNG, Junit, Appium
- Strong experience with Object Oriented Programming and concepts
- Exposure to RESTful/API automation
- Experience in QA testing of software products
- Experience with CI/CD
You’ll stand out if you’ve also got experience with:
- Managing or mentoring junior testers
- Developing a testing strategy from scratch
- Implementing processes for automated and manual testing
- Microsoft .NET Framework (C#)
- Angular 2+
- Relational databases such as MySQL
Your responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with various internal teams to understand product requirements so they can be tested
- Creating comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test scenarios for both automated and manual tests
- Planning and coordinating testing activities with various internal teams
- Performing manual testing to ensure that product functionality is correct
- Automating as many of those tests as possible so that you’re working smart and not hard
- Identifying, investigating and thoroughly documenting bugs
- Collaborating with our awesome developers to review and enhance software development automated unit tests
Meet the Team!
Dan is the founder & president of the company, so none of us would be here without him! He oversees everything going on at Port 443, and his hands are in a lot of the development projects. He’s the guy who makes sure that everything is running smoothly at all times. You can find Dan taking meetings while walking on the office treadmill desk! Fun fact: did you know you can suddenly develop an avocado allergy as an adult? Dan knows! 🥑
Marc once let us decide the fate of his haircut using a Slack poll and shaved his head! As a member of the back-end development team, he’s working on all the things “under the hood” that keep our products running. He’s always got the perfect thing to share in the #random channel, whether it’s his quarantine needlefelt animals or the adorable videos of his pets 😻
Nicolas is another member of the front-end development team – we have a Vick and a Nick, so now we need a Rick! He’s focused on programming the logic that goes along with the design… and fixing the third-party text editor again when we find another bug. He’s a competitive and talented gamer – he won first place in our inaugural company Mario Kart tournament! 🥇
Ojas is our Software Developer in Test, or as we like to think of him… our Bug Exterminator! He spends his days developing and performing tests on our products to uncover any bugs or issues for the team to fix before deploying changes. He’s also an absolute ray of sunshine who brings such a positive energy into the office! Even the most pessimistic team members can’t help but smile when Ojas is around 😊
Ranveer manages the development team. Ask anyone at the office to describe him and they’d say “Ranveezy is generous AF, yo.” Ask them to expand on that and they would clarify that he shares his advent calendar chocolate with us every year! 🍫 For a good story, ask him about what happened with the UPS driver and the office door…
Shannon is one of our fantastic front-end developers whose curiosity and creativity make her a joy to work with! A lover of music, she’s a secret karaoke master who’d love to learn to play ukelele some day. By day, she’s hard at work helping the team upgrade our products to the next level, but by night she loves to go home, unwind, and enjoy some delicious comfort food. (Her preference? Pierogies 😋)
Thomas’ skills as a developer means he can jump between working on the front-end, the back-end, or the servers to help out wherever he’s needed. His hobbies outside of work include everything cool you could possibly think of. Cooking? His IG looks like a professional chef’s. DIY? He can build just about anything. Swords?! YES ⚔
Vick is our Star Wars enthusiast and diehard fan of Toronto-based sports teams! As a member of the front-end development team, he’s focused on making sure that our apps look and work like they’re supposed to. In his spare time, Vick can be found watching hockey, playing hockey (NHL game series or good ol’ fashioned street hockey), reading books about hockey… look, he really likes hockey okay?! 🏒
- Free snacks and coffee – are you Team Hazelnut or Team Regular?
- Company social events throughout the year – significant others welcome!
- Cool company swag when we reach milestones – check our IG to see some of our past swag
- Comprehensive health benefits plan – now you can stop putting off that dentist appointment!
When you come to work at Port 443, you’re joining a team that balances innovation, excellence, and fun. If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we want to hear why! To let us know why this job posting speaks to you and what you can bring to the table, send your cover letter, resume, and favourite donut flavour to firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. A real human person reviews all submissions, so let your personality shine through!