Product Designer (UI/UX)
We’re a hard-working and passionate team. We work together, eat lunch together and watch the latest internet cat videos together. The coders code, the designers design and the support team supports. And when one man is down, we take off one hat and put on another to help each other out.
Our products and brands are constantly evolving, making for an exciting and dynamic work environment. Because our developers, designers, support and marketing teams all work within the same office, we are constantly communicating with one another in order to continuously improve our software. We believe this is essential in maintaining a productive work environment while providing our users with up-to-date, high-quality products. As a result, we can implement change quickly, and we love to hear fresh perspectives.
Our thousands of users from all over the globe would tell you that a client-first approach is at the centre of everything we do. They love how our software is constantly improving to make for a more positive user experience. If you were to ask our employees what brings them to work every day, they would tell you the free snacks, but they would also mention the amazing team environment, the opportunity to contribute to a diverse range of projects and an open-minded atmosphere…but mostly they’re in it for the free snacks. At the end of the day, we’re a group of individuals who take pride in what we do. We’re problem solvers, strategic thinkers, internet cat video watchers and creative multi-taskers. We work hard while striving to maintain excellence – not just in our software, but in our day-to-day.
We’re looking for a talented product designer (UI/UX) to help us improve the user experience of our emerging products.
- Evaluating our current UI and determining where and how we can simply/improve the user experience
- Constantly explore ways to create a more cohesive experience and enhance usability
- Rationalize solutions and effectively communicate ideas and designs
- Gather qualitative data from customers through interviews and usability tests
- Use quantitative data to guide decisions and determine the success of new features
- Work in a cross-functional team with developers to ensure that we iterate quickly while maintaining an appropriate level of quality
- If you enjoy making complex tasks simple, this could be the right fit for you
Things you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of experience in product design
- A degree or diploma in Design (interaction, product, graphic, etc.) or a related field
- Experience with data organization to help ensure our product is as intuitive as possible
- Experience using metrics to validate and inform your product decisions
- Fluent in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, etc.
- Experience creating wireframes, user-flows, and interactive prototypes
- Previous experience collaborating closely with developers, designers, and other team members
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate your expertise
Why work with us?
- Fully paid health benefits for you and your family! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We don’t micromanage! (We promise) We believe in our employees skills and abilities
- Team building events throughout the year that not only include you, but your significant other
- “Last Friday of the Month” lunch, where we vote on a new lunch spot each month
- We do donuts on Fridays
- Casual dress code. Show some personality, just not too much…
- Come to work every day knowing you work with some pretty cool people
Our team strives to create, design, and maintain excellence. Not just in our software, but in our day-to-day. If you’d like to stretch your talents and you value a work-life balance, please send your portfolio, cover letter and resume to email@example.com
A portfolio is required to be considered for this position. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.