At Port 443 we work together, laugh together, and eat a lot of donuts together. (Have you seen our Instagram? It’s basically a food blog.)
Our products (My Music Staff, TutorBird & AthletaDesk) are always evolving, making for an exciting and dynamic environment. Every day, we’re connecting with thousands of users all around the world. If you ask what they love about us, they’ll tell you that we really listen to their needs and go above and beyond to help them. Our members are at the heart of everything we do. Their feedback and ideas help to shape our products, and at the end of the day, we’re here because of them…
…and because of the donuts.
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- A solid understanding of CSS best practices
- Experience with front-end testing frameworks including Jasmin, Karma, Protractor or Selenium
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience building and maintaining mobile apps for iOS and Android
Nice to have:
- Amazon Web Services
- C#, ASP.NET and ASP.NET Web API
- Experience with relational databases, ideally MySQL, MariaDB or Amazon Aurora
Meet the Team!
Dan is the founder & president of the company, so none of us would be here without him! He oversees everything going on at Port 443, and his hands are in a lot of the development projects. He’s the guy who makes sure that everything is running smoothly at all times. You can find Dan taking meetings while walking on the office treadmill desk! Fun fact: did you know you can suddenly develop an avocado allergy as an adult? Dan knows! 🥑
Ranveer manages the development team. Ask anyone at the office to describe him and they’d say “Ranveezy is generous AF, yo.” Ask them to expand on that and they would clarify that he shares his advent calendar chocolate with us every year! 🍫 For a good story, ask him about what happened with the UPS driver and the office door…
Thomas is the company’s best storyteller – seriously, the worst part about not being in the office together is missing out on lunchtime with Thomas. He can be found working on the front-end, the back-end, or the servers. His hobbies outside of work include everything cool you could possibly think of. Cooking? His IG looks like a professional chef’s. DIY? He can build just about anything. Swords?! YES ⚔
Vick is our Star Wars enthusiast and diehard fan of Toronto-based sports teams! As a member of the front-end development team, he’s focused on making sure that our apps look and work like they’re supposed to. In his spare time, Vick can be found watching hockey, playing hockey (NHL game series or good ol’ fashioned street hockey), reading books about hockey… look, he really likes hockey okay?! 🏒
Nicolas is the other half of the front-end development team – we have a Vick and a Nick, so our next hire will have to be named Rick! He’s focused on programming the logic that goes along with the design… and fixing the third-party text editor again when we find another bug. He’s competitive (just try to beat him in Super Smash Bros) and loves to travel! Ask him about the best ramen he had in Tokyo 🍜
Marc once let us decide the fate of his haircut using a Slack poll and shaved his head! As a member of the back-end development team, he’s working on all the things “under the hood” that keep our products running. He’s always got the perfect thing to share in the #random channel, whether it’s his quarantine needlefelt animals or the adorable videos of his pets 😻
- Free snacks and coffee – are you Team Hazelnut or Team Regular?
- Last Friday of the Month Lunch – vote for a new lunch spot every month, and watch as your coworkers get in heated debates over burritos vs burgers
- Company social events throughout the year – significant others welcome!
- Cool company swag when we reach milestones – check our IG to see some of our past swag
- Comprehensive health benefits plan – now you can stop putting off that dentist appointment!
When you come to work at Port 443, you’re joining a team that balances innovation, excellence, and fun. If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we want to hear why! To let us know why this job posting speaks to you and what you can bring to the table, send your cover letter, resume, and favourite donut flavour to firstname.lastname@example.org