At Port 443 we work together, laugh together, and eat a lot of donuts together. (Have you seen our Instagram? It’s basically a food blog.) Our products (My Music Staff, TutorBird & AthletaDesk) are always evolving, making for an exciting and dynamic environment. Every day, we’re connecting with our thousands of users all around the world. If you ask them what they love about us, they’ll tell you that we really listen to their needs and go above and beyond to help. Our members are at the heart of everything we do. Their feedback and ideas help shape our products, and at the end of the day, we’re all here because of them…
…and because of the donuts.
You’re a top-notch DevOps kind of person, with a strong emphasis on “Ops”. You’ve got practical experience with AWS and a passion for cyber security (but you probably don’t like the word “cyber” because… well, it’s just kind of weird). Perhaps you were a developer at one point but switched gears to infrastructure and networking (and still like to toss the developer hat back on every now and again!).
You like figuring out bottlenecks in systems and you’re a proactive problem solver. You use your development skills to automate routine tasks and you like defining infrastructure as code. Your interests lie at the intersection of software and infrastructure. You take pride in your work and you hate being on-call, so you work carefully to implement reliable infrastructure. You don’t mind chipping in to solve software and/or infrastructure problems around the office either!
- Strong understanding of cloud-native operations, technologies, principles, and infrastructure as code
- 3 years of experience with core AWS services (EC2, S3, IAM, RDS)
- 3 years of configuration management or software development experience
- 3 years of experience with build automation tools (TeamCity, Maven, or other)
- Experience writing scripts (e.g. bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- A diploma or degree in a relevant field
- Understanding and familiarity with one or more cyber security frameworks (your choice, come and tell us what you know)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support, automate and improve our AWS infrastructure
- Work closely with the development and QA teams to optimize the ongoing CI/CD strategies from source control through to product delivery
- Perform security audits and advise on best practices for data security
- Working with external service providers when necessary to ensure smooth email delivery from our SaaS platform
- Automate as much as possible (work smart, not hard!)
- Clearly document all processes and tools
Meet the Team!
Dan is the founder & president of the company, so none of us would be here without him! 😊 He oversees everything going on at Port 443, and his hands are in a lot of the development projects. He’s the guy who makes sure that everything is always running smoothly. Lately, you can find Dan taking meetings while walking on the office treadmill desk! Fun fact: did you know you can suddenly develop an avocado allergy as an adult? Dan knows! 🥑
Marc once let us decide the fate of his haircut by Slack poll and shaved his head! As a member of the back-end development team, he’s working on all the things “under the hood” that keep our products running. He’s always got the perfect thing to share in the #random channel, whether it’s his quarantine needlefelt animals or the adorable videos of his pets 😻
Ranveer manages the development team and oversees the company’s finances. Ask anyone at the office to describe him and they’d say “Ranveer is so generous!” Ask them to expand on that and they would clarify that he shares his advent calendar chocolate with us every year! 🍫 For a good story, ask him about what happened with the UPS driver and the office door… 😬
- Free snacks and coffee – are you Team Hazelnut or Team Regular?
- Company social events throughout the year – significant others welcome!
- Cool company swag when we reach milestones – check our IG to see some of our past swag
- Comprehensive health benefits plan – now you can stop putting off that dentist appointment!
When you come to work at Port 443, you’re joining a team that balances innovation, excellence, and fun. If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we want to hear why! To let us know why this job posting speaks to you and what you can bring to the table, send your cover letter, resume, and favourite donut flavour to firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. A real human person reviews all submissions, so let your personality shine through!