At Port 443 we work together, laugh together, and eat a lot of donuts together. (Have you seen our Instagram? It’s basically a food blog.)
Our products (My Music Staff, TutorBird & AthletaDesk) are always evolving, making for an exciting and dynamic environment. Every day, we’re connecting with our thousands of users all around the world. If you ask them what they love about us, they’ll tell you that we really listen to their needs and go above and beyond to help. Our members are at the heart of everything we do. Their feedback and ideas help shape our products, and at the end of the day, we’re all here because of them…
…and because of the donuts.
You’re a top-notch multi-tasker who takes pride in their organization skills. You’re a self-starter who knows how to prioritize, and you can adapt quickly to meet the needs of the team. You’re flexible and always ready to hit the ground running, figuratively and literally – we’ve got a treadmill desk for the office! You’ll be supporting a few different departments, so you’re familiar with best practices for small business administration, hiring, and bookkeeping. You’re not overwhelmed by Costco and don’t mind running out to pick up some more office snacks 🙈. You’ve got a good sense of humour – feel free to tell us your most groan-worthy G-rated joke in your job application for bonus points 😂.
- A diploma or degree in a relevant field
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop
- Experience with bookkeeping and accounting principles
- A friendly, positive attitude and a desire to be part of a close-knit team
- Experience with human resources; working with both people and policies (CHRP designation preferred)
- Extremely strong organization and time management skills
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Your responsibilities will include:
- Handling bookkeeping & payroll duties, including preparation and filing of HST, payroll taxes, Employer Health Tax, etc.
- Handling Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable, collecting receipts and categorizing departmental expenses
- Filing ROEs
- Work in liaison with our accountant
- Preparing and organizing documentation for our accountant
- Work in liaison with our health benefits provider
- Assisting with job postings and incoming job applications, screening candidates, and organizing interviews
- Supporting new employee onboarding, ensuring performance reviews are completed and maintaining employee information such as work anniversaries
- Performing office errands such as going to the bank, shopping at Costco (we love our office snacks!), picking up orders, mailing cheques, and others as required
Meet the team!
Dan is the founder & president of the company, so none of us would be here without him! 😊 He oversees everything going on at Port 443, and his hands are in a lot of the development projects. He’s the guy who makes sure that everything is always running smoothly. Lately, you can find Dan taking meetings while walking on the office treadmill desk! Fun fact: did you know you can suddenly develop an avocado allergy as an adult? Dan knows! 🥑
Ranveer manages the development team and oversees the company’s finances. Ask anyone at the office to describe him and they’d say “Ranveer is generous.” Ask them to expand on that and they would clarify that he shares his advent calendar chocolate with us every year! 🍫 For a good story, ask him about what happened with the UPS driver and the office door… 😬
Dasa is a manager extraordinaire (please mispronounce “manager” in your head so it rhymes with “extraordinaire” for the full effect), who recently celebrated 5 years at Port 443 🎉 As the Head of Growth, she oversees marketing, support, HR, and other things around the office like renos and company events. She’s always looking into new, innovative ideas we can try out to grow our customer base and keep our existing members happy. Ask anyone at the office to describe her in one word, and the answer is always: TACOS 🌮 (BTW, it’s pronounced DASH-uh, not DAY-sa or DAH-sa.)
- Free snacks and coffee – are you Team Hazelnut or Team Regular?
- Company social events throughout the year – significant others welcome!
- Cool company swag when we reach milestones – check our IG to see some of our past swag
- Comprehensive health benefits plan – now you can stop putting off that dentist appointment!
When you come to work at Port 443, you’re joining a team that balances innovation, excellence, and fun. If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we want to hear why! To let us know why this job posting speaks to you and what you can bring to the table, send your cover letter, resume, and favourite donut flavour to email@example.com
P.S. A real human person reviews all submissions, so let your personality shine through!